Orthodontics and Braces in Lighthouse Point/Pompano Beach
Florida Smiles Dental specializes in this field of dentistry, which utilizes treatment to correct a patient’s bite. It is also includes treatment to correct teeth that are crooked, crowded, or spaced irregularly. There are innovative new treatments in orthodontics now that go beyond the scope of traditional braces.
While traditional braces use metal brackets that are bonded to your teeth with a wire that helps move your teeth into the correct position, treatment with Invisalign in Lighthouse Point’s Florida Smiles Dental practice works to straighten your teeth just as effectively, without the bonding and wires. The Invisalign system is a series of clear plastic aligners (retainers) that move your teeth over time. Each aligner is worn for approximately two weeks, but they can be removed to eat, brush your teeth, and floss. Patients can schedule a consultation at Florida Smiles Dental, the preferred dentist in Lighthouse Point, to learn if they are a candidate for treatment with Invisalign in Pompano Beach.
Florida Smiles Dental is a certified provider of Invisalign in Lighthouse Point. The Invisalign system has achieved great success in treating adults and teens. For patients of Florida Smiles Dental, Invisalign in Pompano Beach is appealing to both adults and teens because of the benefits it offers that traditional braces cannot provide:
- The Invisalign system offers the flexibility and convenience of being able to remove the aligners to clean your teeth and to eat.
- Invisalign is virtually unnoticeable when worn, allowing adults to maintain a professional appearance during treatment.
- There are less required in office visits during treatment as compared to those patients with traditional braces, and there are no adjustments necessary. An evaluation every six weeks to ensure that progress is being made according to the patient’s plan is all that is required.
- Treatment with Invisalign in Lighthouse Point is comparable in cost to traditional braces, and in some instances, may even cost less.
- There is no irritation to your cheeks and gums when using the Invisalign system like there can be with traditional braces, because there are no sharp metals, only smooth, comfortable, plastic aligners.
When orthodontic issues are left untreated, more serious dental and health issues can arise. Properly aligned teeth provide benefits that go beyond a confident smile. According to the American Dental Association, straightening your teeth can significantly affect your overall dental health. Teeth that are straight, as opposed to overcrowded or spaced incorrectly have less occurrences of gum disease, because it is easier to reach spaces in between properly aligned teeth to clean them. Correctly aligned teeth also avoid issues that are caused by an improper bite, such as difficulties with speech, chewing, jaw problems, and increased wear on tooth enamel.
Contact Florida Smiles Dental, the leading dentist in Pompano Beach at:(954) 943 – 2466, where we welcome patients from Ft. Lauderdale, Weston, Hollywood, Davie, and nearby South Florida communities, and treat them with state of the art orthodontic technologies. For new patients, please visit our New Patient page to review some very brief, but important information. Learn about alternative options that can be used to improve your smile on our Services page. Florida Smiles Dental a proud certified partner of Invisalign, and proudly offers treatment with Invisalign in Lighthouse Point.